Breakthrough Price Negotiation Training for Salespeople
Sales people naturally focus on delivering great service to their customers—but how do you ensure that the business they bring in is the most profitable business for your company? By turning sales people into champions for your pricing strategy, with the backbone to defend your prices, even during tough customer negotiations. As the last mile of pricing, salespeople play a critical role in realizing financial objectives with each deal they close.
Holden Advisors’ Negotiating with Backbone Training Initiative addresses today’s sales teams’ greatest concern: price negotiations. Every company is faced with demands for greater discounts, lower prices for volume business and more cost effective solutions.
Negotiating with Backbone is an experiential initiative to practice price and value conversations and prepared tactics for price negotiations. The goal is to provide sales people and leaders with the knowledge and tools to effectively identify buyer behaviors and use battle-tested tactics to negotiate with procurement to realize higher prices.
Negotiating with Backbone Goals and Outcomes:
- Develop an account specific negotiation plan to realize better pricing
- Better understand the needs, interests, fears, and behaviors of procurement
- Understand real customer value and its critical role in sales negotiations
- Identify the eight selling scenarios and how to effectively employ strategies and tactics appropriate for each to win and win at the right price
- Apply negotiation tactics to respond to strong arming procurement or other economic buying professionals
- Organizational alignment on price and discount management
- Executive sponsorship for change
Negotiating with Backbone is offered in a 2-day event with case studies and role plays, a 1-day seminar, a ½-day to introduce key concepts, and Backbone Digital Learning Experience.
Backbone Participants Feedback
Impact and Results
Companies using Negotiating with Backbone tactics report that they:
- Close more deals, and at a higher average price
- Improve sales efficiency by spotting “red flag” deals early, and consciously choosing which leads to pursue and which to drop.
- Broaden their relationships within accounts, by engaging in value conversations relevant to each stakeholder
- Know when to call procurement’s bluff when they are playing poker and dismissing your value.
- Can recognize when customer requests to lower price are truly necessary versus spurious
Contact Carolyn Holden at 978.405.0021 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.